CPI has two ‘Local Heroes’ in CITB’s Top 100

•  

The shortlist has been announced for CITB’s Top 100 Most Influential Women in Construction 2024, with two colleagues from CPI nominated in the local hero category. The awards launched in 2022 by the National Federation of Builders, showcase the influential women that work in the sector, making female and non-binary role models more visible and accessible.

There are five nomination categories - local hero, woman on the tools, influencer, allies, and one to watch. CPI has two colleagues shortlisted in the local hero category: Wendy McFarlane, Finance Director and Chair of CPI’s Inclusion Network (Below); and Soraia Pardal, HR Business Partner. This award is for exceptional women from across the United Kingdom who are currently working at an operational or site level role in construction.

On receiving the news of being shortlisted, Wendy McFarlane said: “Having only been in the construction industry for 2 years, I feel extremely proud to even be nominated alongside such an influential group of individuals. I’m very fortunate to have a powerhouse team of diversity, equity and inclusion champions around me, and it is as much a reflection on their support as it is for me to be recognised in an area we are all extremely passionate about.”

Soraia Pardal (below) added: “I'm thrilled to be nominated for the local hero award in the Top 100 Women in Construction. It's great to see the dedication to diversity and inclusion getting a spotlight in the industry. This is a fantastic nod towards making our industry a friendlier and more welcoming place for all. Good luck to all nominees!”

Tony O’Sullivan, CEO, is recognised in the allies category for those working within the industry and acting as key influencers in supporting inclusion and change. Tony said, “I’m delighted that Wendy and Soraia have been recognised in the local hero shortlist, they are excellent champions for diversity and inclusion. The Building Bridges Network Wendy has instigated brings together market-leading businesses to encourage diverse workforces across the sector, and Soraia is making significant changes at CPI, especially in the way we recruit. I am proud to champion CPI’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in any way I can.”

The award ceremony for the Top 100 will take place later in the year.

CITB is the industry training board for the construction sector in England, Scotland, and Wales. They help the construction industry attract talent and to support skills development, to build a better Britain.

Additional news

Successful sound absorption in schools

When designing educational spaces, classroom acoustics often aren’t the first consideration. However, studies have shown that the intelligibility of speech in the fourth row of a classroom can be as...

Read more

Grayson is now officially carbon neutral

Multi-award-winning construction consumables supplier, Grayson, is proud to have achieved the ambitious goal of becoming a PAS 2060 accredited and UKAS certified Carbon Neutral business, the first of...

Read more

Submit your construction content here

Read more
Login Logo